List:       mythtv-users
Subject:    Re: [mythtv-users] HDMI Audio
From:       Adam Skinner <kingmoffa () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-05-23 16:27:22

>> Can anyone who successfully uses a hdmi connection from a frontend
with
>> audio please tell me what hardware they used.
>
>> Im really after a new matx motherboard with serial RS232 (for lirc)
with
>> hdmi (incl audio). I cannot find any with a serial port - and as a
>> result am maybe looking to buy a new graphics card.
>Also, just another idea - is there a specific reason you want to use a
>homebrew RS232 LIRC box? When I was building my myth box I found
pretty
>much all TV tuner cards and DVB cards nowadays come with a remote
>supported by LIRC anyway.

I've got a nice existing mythtv setup - 4xfrontends all with the same
cheap ebay lirc serial devices AND more importantly same remotes. I
really want to keep it this way. (and its for a remote fe)

I have a feeling that perhaps my remote may work with a usb reciever -
it may be commonly used by the myth community - its an HP MCE media
remote. Google found this: http://ruel.net/pc/pvrpix/mce-remote.jpg

Anyway , back to the original discussion of HDMI + Audio. Anyone have
any success? The asus mb that was mentioned I was looking at.