List:       mythtv-users
Subject:    Re: [mythtv-users] Greetings!
From:       Mike Perkins <mikep () randomtraveller ! org ! uk>
Date:       2008-05-23 11:37:21

Coin_Graham@genpt.com wrote:
> Hello all.  My company saw fit to bequeath me with a server they wanted to throw
> away and I've decided to attempt to turn it into a Myth TV back-end (front-end
> TBD).  I wanted to start by asking if anyone had an opinion on Mythbuntu with a
> focus on ease of use(i'm familiar with ubuntu)?
>
> Glad to see that there's an active community available to help in what appears
> (hopefully superficially) to be a daunting task.

Your server model; processor type & speed; memory size and type would all help
us to help you (You will likely buy more hard disks as time goes on). As would
knowing where in the world you are, which helps us to know (i) what services are
available to you (cable, satellite and/or Over-The-Air) (ii) depending on those,
what cards or USB devices might be available in your market and (iii) what
scheduling services are available to you.

All of these things can affect how your chosen operating systems function (or
not, as the case may be).

--

Mike Perkins