I'm gonna have to disagree with the people recommending new hardware. > That should work fine as long as you're only doing MPEG2 decoding. I > had a 1700+ that decoded with an nvidia card just fine (but then it > broke so now I have a 3200+ or something... whatever super cheap CPU I > could find). Just get a "new" video card... 5200 or better (but stay > away from the much hated 7300). I have a 6200 and 6600 and they both > handle HD very well with XvMC. If your current hardware is working for > you otherwise why waste the money. I've found a few nvidia cards for > cheap searching the computer section of my local craigslist. That way > you don't have to pay for shipping or wait around to win an auction > maybe. > > It'll work fine as long as you never have to look at the EPG maybe. See my email just this morning X.org eating 100% CPU for details... I have a simmilar setup to him (getting MPEG direct from DVB, no encoding), and a far superior machine, and I can't play back HD and use the EPG simultaneously. _______________________________________________ mythtv-users mailing list mythtv-users@mythtv.org http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users