List:       mythtv-users
Subject:    Re: [mythtv-users] HDTV solution @1080i ???
From:       Dean Harding <dean.harding () dload ! com ! au>
Date:       2008-04-28 6:25:45

zoiks2004-ivtv@yahoo.com wrote:
> Googling around I saw other people complaining about
> the same thing with other TVs. Somewhere (can't
> remember) I saw it claimed that VGA inputs typically
> don't support 1080x1920 because it's not a true VGA
> mode.

On mine, it picked up the native resolution via EDID and that's the
resolution it picked. I didn't have to do anything.

BTW, I *believe* the model number is LA40F71B or something (F7-something
anyway) you can download the manual here:

http://www.samsung.com/download/Model_Select.aspx?type=TV&typecode=1&subtype=LCD&subtypecode=101&model=LA40F71B&filetype=UM

Note that there are newer models than this available now, of course...

Dean.