List:       mythtv-users
Subject:    Re: [mythtv-users] newbie question
From:       Josh <TwoOneSix () thatclothingco ! com>
Date:       2007-12-01 22:00:45

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

On Dec 1, 2007 4:55 PM, Jim the Standing Bear <standingbear@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am too cheap to subscribe to any TV service, and will only use my
> box as a DVD/CD/MP3 player so I wont have to change discs too often.
> Will mythTV be an overkill for me, because I get the impression that
> its main focus is to capture TV stream?  Thanks.
>
> Jim

I find my MythTV server to be extremely useful as a media server. I have 2
front end machines that only watch recorded TV about once a week and the
rest of the time they are playing music or watching movies. I know a guy
with a HD setup that uses his MythTV to host his media (and his SD stuff)
but he pipes his HD stuff directly to his TV. I wouldn't say it's overkill,
no.

--
Josh