List:       mythtv-users
Subject:    Re: [mythtv-users] wireless frontend?
From:       "Mario Bernard" <Mario.Bernhard () gmx ! net>
Date:       2006-07-14 19:15:33

Watch out for those Devolo MicroLink dLAN Hispeed products.
The German Devolo support explains that only 35% is used for data! The rest 65% is \
protocol overhead: TCP, Ethernet and DLAN Protokolldata. I tested one year ago the \
85Mbps and received much less than those promised 35%.  For the figures below please \
notice that I live in a two year old appartment. Figures will be much worse when the \
cabling is old!

It is only usable when the rooms are adjacent or when the modems are in the same \
outlet. I got a throughput of max. 2.8Mbytes = 30%. From one room to the opposite \
room 1.2Mbyte =  12%. From one room to the basement (one floor below) only 380Kbytes \

I returned the Hispeed set and decided to use Gigibyte LAN.

Also read my mail from 02.07.2006 to this list.

Mario Bernhard