List:       mythtv-users
Subject:    [mythtv-users]  Mythbackend causing high load
From:       "Mario Bernard" <Mario.Bernhard () gmx ! net>
Date:       2006-06-30 21:01:12

Subscribed again today and noticed this thread.

> How much free space do you have available on your ReiserFS partition?

> I discovered I need about 10% (30gb) free space on my 300gb drive to
> keep the problem from happening, recordings have been flawless since I
> discovered this.

I also use reiserfs and have this problem over one year. The 10% rule is also \
something I use. Also the newer mythtv code with livetv recording and the adaptions \
made to control the amount of recordingspace did not solve the problem. This problem \
is not ivtv related. Mythtv can not read as fast from ivtv, because it can not write \
fast enough, due to reiserfs problems. I do not know the 'automatic deleting \
recordings' code, but maybe there is something causing this behaviour.

two weeks ago I noticed that the diskspace for the recordings (118115226) don't count \
up to the diskspace used with df (153738176).

du -ks /mnt/store
du: cannot access `/mnt/store/1000_20060531084500.mpg': Permission denied
du: cannot access `/mnt/store/13_20060528024500.mpg': Permission denied
118115226       .

df -k /mnt/store
/dev/hdb4            173825984 153738176  20087808  89% /mnt/store

The two reported permission denied problems were occasionally caused by deleting the \
recordings with >file, just to get as fast as possible free space. I do not think the \
whole diskspace difference is caused by these two files. Missing is about 35 Gb. \
About 70 hours of recordings. These two recordings make up maybe 5 hours.

Please tell me if you also miss some Gb of space.
I will change to xfs of jfs next week.

regards
Mario