On Monday 28 November 2005 10:52 pm, Chris Trown wrote: > Rodney D. Myers wrote: > > I've purchased at myth-tv box from magicitx.com, and not in the > > position to run a LAN cable from the living room to the computer room > > [aka spare bedroom]. > > > > From what I gather from the reading, it runs gentoo. What pci and/or > > USB wifi network card(s) will work in, as a drop in card? > > None. At least with Fedora. I would stick with a card that has > either Atheros or Realtek chips in 'em. Note that I said card. You'll > definately be going on the edge with a USB WiFi. > > If this is a standalone system, you'll be OK as far as bandwidth > goes. If you'll be streaming from a backend to a frontend, beware. You > might not get the bits you need at the speed you need 'em. After doing some tests I've given up on wireless. I'm using HomePlug/Powerline (http://www.solwise.co.uk/net-powerline.htm) adapters to distribute the LAN over the mains and it seems to work really well. I'm using a mixture of 14Mbps devices (for non-Myth systems) and 85Mbps devices between my Myth backend and my (just 1 at the moment) frontend. I reckon I'm getting about 45Mbps which is fine for streaming live TV with PIP. Phil _______________________________________________ mythtv-users mailing list mythtv-users@mythtv.org http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users