List:       mythtv-users
Subject:    Re: [mythtv-users] Need IR receiver recommendation
From:       Shawn <core () enodev ! com>
Date:       2004-11-30 22:54:34

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tue, 2004-11-30 at 13:37 -0800, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> I'm not sure what extra functionality there is, beyond being able to receive
> IR signals and pass them to LIRC... Or do I need to read up on the IRman and
> USB-IRT?

Nothing much to read up on. UIRT pretty much means what it says, with
the exception of how well the firmware [if the devices uses that
approach] is implemented and driver support. Right now, AFAIK USB-UIRT
w/56Khz simply has the most functionality of the USB devices due to the
driver being implemented more fully. The author of the USB-UIRT provides
firmware updates at no cost.

I didn't think IRman supported send or 56Khz, but I might be wrong.