List:       mythtv-dev
Subject:    Re: [mythtv] Feedback on Myth frontend on Nvidia Shield
From:       Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv () gmail ! com>
Date:       2018-07-01 15:30:12

On 07/01/2018 11:00 AM, Michael wrote:
> This seems to still be an issue.   Every few times I use myth, the
> frontend now crashes and goes away.   However, now, I am usually not
> getting any sort of error message.   As soon as I click on a recording
> or video to play, it just takes me back to the main shield menu.

I think it is being killed due to using too much memory. I plan to see
what I can do about that.
> Where does the shield keep the mythfrontend.log and what is the best
> way to get to it?
You can see it with the developer tool adb if you have put the shield in
developer mode
adb logcat mfe:D *:S

However I think it may be a good plan for us to look into storing the
log somewhere on the android device so that users can get to it without
using developer mode.