List:       mythtv-dev
Subject:    [mythtv] =?utf-8?q?Extending_mythnotification_UDP_interface=3F?=
From:       warpme <warpme () o2 ! pl>
Date:       2013-07-03 12:09:30

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Jya,

Big thx for notify extension. It is cool thing.

So cool that I want to use it for following, additional cases:
notification-new-mail
 notification-disk-attached
 notification-disk-detached
 notification-disk-full
 notification-cpu-overheat
 notification-incomming-call-start
 notification-incomming-call-end
 notification-outgoing-call-start
 notification-outgoing-call-end
 notification-archive-disk-connected
 notification-archive-disk-disconnected

Names should be self-explanatory.

I know 0.27 is in features freeze.

For approaching above with minimal effort, I think 2 phases might be worth to \
consider:
Short-term: add to UDP interface possibility to provide all fields \
(coverart,album,artist,time,info,progress). Only in UDP. mythutil can stay like \
today.
Long-term: add to notification-ui.xml window definitions/translations for above.

Only real functional difference between short-term and long-term is possibility to \
define particular(per notification type) widow size/layout in long-term solution. Not \
big deal remembering that short-term ext.app. can already feed type-relevant \
dedicated icon/picture using UDP interface.  I think short-term will be flexible \
enough to temporarily stop users complaints for impossibility to make multiple \
layout-differentiated notifications.
What You think?