List:       mythtv-dev
Subject:    Re: [mythtv] ticket 9704: backend thread deadlocks,
From:       "Brian J. Murrell" <brian () interlinx ! bc ! ca>
Date:       2011-07-21 11:15:47

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Per http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/9704, I am still getting pretty
much nightly deadlocks of my 0.24-fixes backend.  There was a theory it
had to do with EIT scanning bug I've since updated to 0.24-fixes where
the disabling of EIT scanning was fixed and disabled it and I am still
getting dead locks.  I have some post-EIT-disabling stacktraces in the
ticket at:

http://code.mythtv.org/trac/attachment/ticket/9704/ThreadStacktrace.6.txt=

http://code.mythtv.org/trac/attachment/ticket/9704/ThreadStacktrace.7.txt=

With the latest from last night:

http://code.mythtv.org/trac/attachment/ticket/9704/ThreadStacktrace.8.txt=

Since this seems to be happening pretty much every time I record, I am
in a great position to test theories (i.e. code patches if anyone has
any to float) about what might be causing this.

Any help at all would be much appreciated since MythTV has gotten pretty
much completely unreliable and a daily headache for us.  My wife doesn't
even bother watching it any more since she knows every single time she
turns it on she is going to have to get me to fix it.

b.