List:       mythtv-dev
Subject:    Re: [mythtv] Classical music, teaser songs, playlists and RTSP.
From:       Jonathan Martens <jonathan () snetram ! nl>
Date:       2009-12-30 20:13:20

On 30-12-2009 21:08, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-12-30 at 12:53 +0000, Paul Harrison wrote:
> When playing classical music there should be no fades between
> songs, the next song should be played immediately after the
> previous one without any pauses or pops. The "songs" are often
> just parts of the symphony labeled for easy skipping, but are
> parts of a whole.

Lots of CDs also have this feature, at least I have a few, where the
start of one track is at the end of the previous track and smoothly goes
to the next track without the listener noticing, annoying when on using
fading indeed.

> Some pop CD's have teaser songs that begin after a long pause at
> the end of a CD. It would be nice if these were detected and when
> played in a randomized play list the pause should be skipped.

That would be nice for the "bonus" tracks indeed.

Kind regards,

Jonathan