List:       mythtv-dev
Subject:    Re: [mythtv] Custom frontend and mythtv protocol
From:       David Blain <MythTv () TheBlains ! net>
Date:       2009-12-25 19:05:52

> Didn't know about this one...
>
> Is there some doc somewhere? I assume this is in complement of 6543, where
the video streams still go through...

> From what I see, this looks like another way to GET things, but there is
still no way to SET things (i.e. autoexpire, > new scheduling, ..) right?

There really isn't any documentation that I know of.  I did create sample
html to test the methods.  You can find the files here:
contrib\development\MythXMLTest

Currently it implements mostly get functionality.  There is support for
updating Settings, but that's it right now.  It should be easy for someone
to extent the available methods to support a full featured frontend.

FYI: The methods currently support SOAP/POX/REST request types.

David.