List:       mythtv-dev
Subject:    Re: [mythtv] Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r8066 -
From:       Oscar Carlsson <webmaster () trekotor ! se>
Date:       2005-11-29 1:03:16

mån 2005-11-28 klockan 14:06 -0800 skrev Bruce Markey:
> > But, couldn't we remove this button all together instead, and add "U"
>
> Agreed but I didn't want to be too hasty with that. Most pages in the
> UI don't have any sort of "OK", "Cancel" or "Go Back" button but assume
> that you know to hit ESC to get out. The reason the "OK" button was put
> on the details page was to cue the user that there was nohting to do
> here but leave =), to make the page less barren and to match the other
> dialog pages with these same buttons.
>
> > also close the screen so that you can toggle it up and down with the
> > same button? Anyone using Myth will be familiar with how to close the
> > screen, don't you think?
>
> I think so. The room could be used for even more text or better layout.

Well, I'd say we could remove it before 0.19. One way to clearly show
that this is a page with no further options would be to popup-style it,
like the help popup is like, but maybe 90% of the screen covered instead
of 20%. Might need the grayout function to be put back to make that look
good though.

Anyway, adding U as an exit key and removing the ok button would work
for me.

/O