List:       mysql-win32
Subject:    Re: mysql-win32: MySQL win32 shareware version
From:       "Christian Mack" <Mack () compal ! de>
Date:       1998-09-28 16:50:17

Michael Widenius wrote:

> Hi!
>
> To make it easier to for Win32 users, we are now releasing
> a shareware version of MySQL for Win32.
>
> The shareware license gives one the right to evaluate MySQL for a
> period of 30 days, after which one should have to purchase a MySQL
> license if one intends to continue to use MySQL-Win32.
>
> The shareware version doesn't have any time or usage limits, but
> as it is based on the MySQL 3.21.29 version, it doesn't have all
> the features of the official MySQL-Win32 version.
>
> You can find this version at:
>
> http://www.tcx.se/mysql_w32.htmy
>
> The official discussion forum for this version is mysql-win32@tcx.se.
>
> As we at TCX don't have time to answer any mails about the
> MySQL-win32 shareware version we kindly request that users that
> has a MySQL-win32 version or MySQL support will include their
> license/support number when posting to mysql-win32tcx.se
>
> Regards,
> Monty

Hi all

The shareware release is a good thing for testing!

But I would suggest to not give trial members write access at all to the win32 mailinglist.
If there are problems with a Version, _normal_ users will get them too.
And the solutions can be read from all.

Just to make this clear.
I don't feel as member of an elite which has to fight the _lower ones_.
But I think giving the licence number to the list is not a valid verification.
You see everybody can copy&paste this in his eMail.

Let's discuss this.

Tschau
Christian