List:       mysql-win32
Subject:    mysql-win32: MySQL -win32 3.22.6
From:       Michael Widenius <monty () analytik ! analytikerna ! se>
Date:       1998-09-10 18:59:14

Hi!

I just got a mail that the new release MySQL-Win32 3.22.6 will
not work on a Win95 machine (it works on Win98 and NT machines).

The problem is that I got a new development machine that had Win98
installed and I moved all MySQL-Win32 development to this.  The new
version was tested on this machine and on a NT 4.0 server, but as I
didn't have a Win95 machine anymore and as I was naive to assume that
Win98 is compatible with Win95 I didn't think of testing this on
Win95.

The truth seams to be that one can't use Win98 (at least not with VC++
5.0) for development as the resulting executables aren't Win95
compatible.  If one tries to run the new MySQL-win32 release on Win95
one will ge the following error:

    MYSQLD.EXE FILE IS LINKED TO MISSING EXPORT
    Kernel32.DLL:Cancello

This means that I will return my Win98 to Microsoft for a refund and
install my old Win95 version on my development computer.

I hope to have a new MySQL-Win32 release ready by the end of next week :(

Regards,
Monty

PS: If anyone has something to say about this problem, you can always
    mail me privately.