List:       mysql-win32
Subject:    Can't create TCP/IP socket (10106)
From:       "Rachel van der Spank" <rachel.vanderspank () pandora ! be>
Date:       2007-03-14 16:52:58

When I try to connect from the webbrowser, I get the error "could not
connect: Can't create TCP/IP socket (10106)".

I tried:
- ping localhost and ping 127.0.0.1 -> work.
- startup mysqld-nt.exe as service -> works.
- change startup settings in Mysql Administrator to "with enabled named
pipe" -> has no effect.
- connect as root user, connect without user settings -> has no effect;

Furthermore it is strange that on my other PC it works... (which is no use).
Differences are other XP version, no java installed (but I don't use JDBC to
connect or anything), maybe some PHP differences. I don't believe it has
anything to do with PHP, because everything else works..

Can anyone please help me?

Thanks a lot!!!

Best regards, Rachel.