List:       mysql-win32
Subject:    Re: About tables
From:       Daniel da Veiga <danieldaveiga () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-11-14 17:22:24

Intersting question, I would like more tech details about this in the
docs, I'll try to answer using the docs and my personal experience.

Couldn't find anything about HOW MANY tables you can have, but judging
from another point of view (HOW BIG tables can be, that you can find
in the docs), and using inference you can guess its just a matter of
"how secure and reliable is your OS when it comes to FSs?".

MySQL tables are stored in files (MYISAM), Innodb has a lot of
differences, but uses a similar (more reliable I guess) system that
uses files as well, it all comes on how often your filesystem corrupts
data or misses writes. I've seen some inconsistences on win32 systems
with both NTFS and FAT FSs and high demand. IMHO its all dependant on
your system. Of course 200+ tables is A LOT, but with a reliable
server running a reliable FSs you shouldn't have trouble.

I'm sure someone will point if I'm wrong,

On 11/11/05, Rick Wang <waaang@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Could anyone tell me how many tables can be created in a mysql database?
> I have found some strange errors after I created 200+ tables...
> Thanks.
>
> Rick
>
> --

Daniel da Veiga