List:       mysql-win32
Subject:    Re: Problem to connect to MYSQL from PHP
From:       "Dr. Virginia Hetrick Hetrick" <dr.hetrick () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-08-17 13:33:13

I was having a similar problem to Mauro.  MySQL was working fine in
command mode.

My configuration is:

Developer mod running a non-transactional database, i.e., I don't want
Inno-DB involved, so I uncommented the php_mysql.dll line in the
php.ini file.

What I wound up trying was copying the libmySQL.dll into the php\ext
directory (unsuccessful).  Then, I copied libmySQL.dll into my
Apache2\bin directory.  Everything then worked fine.

The really irritating part was that ALL of the error messages made it
appear that the problem is with the php_mysql.dll file and, from those
error messages, it appeared that Apache couldn't find the
php_mysql.dll file.  In all the error messages I received, NONE of
them referred to the libmySQL.dll which turned out to be unavailable
to Apache.

HTH.

virginia