List:       mysql-win32
Subject:    Can not compile procedure.
From:       "Vishal Mathur" <mathurvishal () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2004-07-30 19:30:37

Hi folks,
I upgraded to mysql 5.0 on win2K professional. My problem is i can not use
'delimiter' command. It does not reset the delimiter, in fact mysql does not
recognize this command.
Alternatively I wrote a simple procedure in a file and tried to compile it
but could not compile.
For both the problems I get 'syntax problems'.
I tried this simple procedure:-
CREATE PROCEDURE simpleproc(out param1 int)
BEGIN
  select count(*) into param1 from lca_lookups;
END;
I have checked in proc table and it looks fine. I can create and functions
without a problem.
Also on mysql> prompt, something like below created a record in proc table!
mysql> create procedure xyz()
       ->begin
       -> end;
mysql>

Can someone please help, how to use delimiter command and how to
create/compile procedures?
Thanks in advance,
Vish