List:       mysql-win32
Subject:    How to use phpmyadmin to send UTF-8 to the database and convert mySQL 4.0.20 complete to UTF-8 ?
From:       Björn Weiß <webmaster () dentona ! de>
Date:       2004-07-23 8:57:07

Dear mailing list,

I have been searching forums as well as documentation for information on
how to use utf-8 together with mysql 4.0.20 for he last week.I use a
unicode editor with which I convert text to Unicode utf-8. After copying
these texts and pasting them into phpmyadmin tables, all I see are the
numeric values when I browse the tables.

I want to use utf-8 for my entire webpage project. All I have found so
far is this

<http://climbtothestars.org/archives/2004/07/18/converting-mysql-databas
e>
http://climbtothestars.org/archives/2004/07/18/converting-mysql-database
-contents-to-utf-8/

All of the content is ISO-8859-1 I think.

But that doesn’t really help me. In a forum somebody told me that the
problem is that the phpmyadmin forms send ISO-8859-1 to mysql that is
why it is not stored properly.

Please could anybody help me with this. I am totally desperate.

Thank you very much.