List:       mysql-win32
Subject:    Re:  Foreign Key Constraints
From:       "Randy Clamons" <randy () novaspace ! com>
Date:       2004-05-28 21:08:41

Adding to the answer for:
2.  Can I implement Referential Integrity via programming if I stick to
default ISAM type tables and is it worth the effort?

Most often, it is convenient to enforce referential integrity in the front-end \
interface, whether or not it is enforced by the back-end constraints. Foreign Key \
constraints on the database level make it easier to allow multiple front-end \
interfaces without jeopardizing referential integrity. But it is still easier to \
prevent errors before they happen by enforcing integrity during data integrity.

Randy Clamons
Systems Programming
Astro-auction.com