List:       mysql-win32
Subject:    RE: Unable to start the server
From:       Armando <dijital () shaw ! ca>
Date:       2004-03-27 19:53:44

Is the service installed and running?

-----Original Message-----
From: carl turton [mailto:carlturton1974@hotmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, March 27, 2004 9:04 AM
To: win32@lists.mysql.com
Subject: Unable to start the server

Hi

I have downloaded the mysql binaries for windows 2000, which I am trying
use for study purposes.
The software is installed in the root directory as advised. I have been
through the manual and found a recommended solution for the problem
(lost
connection to server during query). The problem here is that I can't get
connection at all, so its appears that the connection is timing out
before
it connects. Hence I can't change the time limit using the wait_timeout
variable.
Any advise on how to rectify the problem would be appreciated.

Regards

Carl