List:       mysql-win32
Subject:    Re: 4.0 freezes machine on install to Win2000 server
From:       "Purvesh Pancholi" <purvesh () opc-marketing ! com>
Date:       2004-02-27 23:15:30

instead of running the server from command line, try these steps.

1. reboot the machine to take off any component form memory.
2. go to start-> run-> type "c:\mysql\bin\winmysqladmin.exe"-> click on ok
button
3. you will see winmysql admin coming up followed by a screen which asks
user name and password.
4. enter username and password of your choice
5. server should be up and running now

do let me know is this works or not, thanks.

purvesh