List:       mysql-win32
Subject:    msql-mysql-modules Digest 24 Feb 2002 02:54:36 -0000 Issue 270
From:       msql-mysql-modules-digest-help () lists ! mysql ! com
Date:       2002-02-24 2:54:36

msql-mysql-modules Digest 24 Feb 2002 02:54:36 -0000 Issue 270

Topics (messages 1657 through 1658):

mysql_connect_timeout problem
	1657 by: Leonid Gernovski

Cannot Install DBD::Mysql
	1658 by: arunappa.netscape.net

Administrivia:

To subscribe to the digest, e-mail:
	msql-mysql-modules-digest-subscribe@lists.mysql.com

To unsubscribe from the digest, e-mail:

To post to the list, e-mail:
	msql-mysql-modules@lists.mysql.com

["msql-mysql-modules_1657.ezm" (message/rfc822)]

From: Leonid Gernovski <leonger@grandvirtual.com>
To: "'msql-mysql-modules@lists.mysql.com'"
	 <msql-mysql-modules@lists.mysql.com>
Subject: mysql_connect_timeout problem
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 17:52:51 -0500

Hi,

I have a weird problem with mysql_connect_timeout option. I am using
DBI::mysql version 2.0415, 1.14 DBD
The test command I am running from shell is the following:

$ perl -e 'use DBI;my
$dbh=DBI->connect("DBI:mysql:<database>;host=<host>;mysql_connect_timeout=2"
,
		<user>, <password>, undef);'

1) When I try to connect for the FIRST TIME to a DB on  remote host which is
known to be down, the DBI->connect() call returns immediately with error 113
(No route to host), before the 2 second timeout specified in the options has
expired.

2) When I power-up and bring online the remote host, the connection
succeeds.

3) When I power down the remote host and try my command again, the connect
call either never times out or times out only in few minutes without any
error messages. Most of the times I just  have to kill it with CTRL-C.

Does anyone any ideas?
Thanks in advance.
Leo Gernovski

["msql-mysql-modules_1658.ezm" (message/rfc822)]

Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 22:01:18 -0500
From: arunappa@netscape.net
To: msql-mysql-modules@lists.mysql.com
Subject: Cannot Install DBD::Mysql

I have mysql version 3.23.48 installed on win98 at c:\usr2\mysql
directory. My attempt to install 1.2216 DBD module of mysql fails
with unable to find right libraries. Here is the session:

Which drivers do you want to install?

    1)  MySQL only
    2)  mSQL only (either of mSQL 1 or mSQL 2)
    3)  MySQL and mSQL (either of mSQL 1 or mSQL 2)

    4)  mSQL 1 and mSQL 2
    5)  MySQL, mSQL 1 and mSQL 2

Enter the appropriate number:  [3] 1

Do you want to install the MysqlPerl emulation? You might keep your old
Mysql module (to be distinguished from DBD::mysql!) if you are concerned
about compatibility to existing applications! [n]
Where is your MySQL installed? Please tell me the directory that
contains the subdir 'include'. [/usr/local] c:\usr2\mysql
Where is your MySQL installed? Please tell me the directory that
contains the subdir 'lib'. [c:\usr2\mysql] c:\usr2\mysql
Cannot find one of lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a, lib/libmysqlclient.a, lib/mysql/l
ibmysqlclient.so, lib/libmysqlclient.so in c:\usr2\mysql at lib/DBD/mysql/Instal
l.pm line 165, <STDIN> line 4.

The library files present in c:\usr2\mysql\lib are under opt
sub-directory inside c:\usr2\mysql\lib directory:
     libmySQL.dll  libmySQL.lib  mysqlclient.lib  zlib.lib

Contents of c:\my.cnf:

[mysqld]
basedir=c:\usr2\mysql
datadir=c:\usr2\mysql\data

Version of perl installed on the win98 system:

$ perl -v

This is perl, v5.6.1 built for cygwin-multi

I also have gcc for cygwin installed on the same system.

Any ideas on how I can get DBD:Mysql to install?

Thanks,

Natarajan Murugaiyan(Ravi)

Your favorite stores, helpful shopping tools and great gift ideas. Experience the \
convenience of buying online with Shop@Netscape! http://shopnow.netscape.com/

Get your own FREE, personal Netscape Mail account today at \
http://webmail.netscape.com/