List:       mysql-win32
Subject:    MySQL and MyODBC with .net and C#
From:       Matthew Stanfield <matthew () propertyknowledge ! com>
Date:       2002-02-23 17:32:17

Thread originated on win32 list now also sent to myodbc list.

Part of my original email on Win32 list:

I need to add table entries, query tables, and modify tables all from a
C# program. Can I use .net/C# in conjunction with MySQL to achieve this,
can I get 'success' values for the operations I perform and can I use
XML for all my data regardless of whether I am inserting or retrieving
from tables?

Venu wrote:
> We tested most of the basic features with ODBC.NET
> using C# with the latest MyODBC 3.51 driver, and it all
> works fine.

Does this mean that the stable version of MyODBC (2.20.39) is not
compatible with .net/C#? I am unsure which versions of MySQL and MyODBC
I should install. I would prefer stable versions but am unsure how
'unstable' the 'development' versions are. Will MySQL v.3.23.49 work
with MyODBC v. 3.51.01? Is this the best combination of versions for
using MySQL/MyODBC with .net? [NB. Using Win 2000 Server SP2 and .net
beta 2.]

Are there many people using MySQL/MyODBC with .net on these lists. If so
which versions are you using and do they work well together with
.net/C#.

Sorry for the bombardment of 'newbie' questions and many thanks for your
time and replies.

Regards,

..matthew

PS. --Venu, you wrote:

> Make a note that, if you are using the MyODBC 3.51 on windows,
> you need to use the patch for this due to wrong build or you
> can pull the latest code from the development tree and build
> the driver your self, untill we have a next release version
> very soon(3.51.01)

I am unsure which patch you mean for MyODBC 3.51 for windows. There seem
to be a lot of patches on this page (below) none of which say they're
for MyODBC:
http://www.mysql.com/downloads/patches.html

Where can I get the patch you suggest? I'm too new to MySQL/ODBC to
attempt a build myself.

Thanks,  ..matthew