List:       mysql-win32
Subject:    Re: MySQL as service
From:       Miguel Angel Solorzano <miguel () mysql ! com>
Date:       2002-02-22 14:03:55

At 14:54 22/02/2002 +0100, Silmar wrote:
Hi!
> > > I installed MySQL 3.23.48 on WinXPPro and using WinMySQLAdmin installed
>and
> > > run it as service without any problems.
> > > But on Win2000Pro when trying to run MySQL service I've got an error
> > > ( "MySQL service cannot be started on local computer. Error 1067:
>Process
> > > ended unexpectly."
> >
> > Are you have installed the MySQL in another directory than the default.
> > If yes you need to edit the my.ini file with the paths of basedir and
> > datadir.
>
>That's it! Thanks :)
>
> > Are you tried to use WinMySQLAdmin ?
>
>Yes.
>
> > What server are you using here ?
>
>???
>mysqld-max-nt ? mysqld-nt ?

>But why on WinXP it works?

I guess that WinMySQLAdmin in the start check got the correct paths
for to install the service.

>And why standalone works fine?

Because the server looks for the current directory, however if you
have the basedir and datadir in different directories you need to
use the configuration file.

Anyway, is good practice the use of the my.ini/my.cnf configuration
file.

Regards,
Miguel

--