List:       mysql-win32
Subject:    Re: cannot start database service on win 2000
From:       "Peter" <pwr () post4 ! tele ! dk>
Date:       2001-10-26 9:06:24

Hi,

I have never had any problem in W2000 / WinNT.

Try to - make a copy of my.cfg/ini - delete the my.cfg/ini - set MySQL in
Services to manuel start.

Start WinMySQLadmin from /mysql/bin - and let this tool make the my.ini and
install in Services.

Let WinMySQLadmin be Your tool for starting/shutting down, editing the
my.ini and supervision - never had any problems this way.

Best regards
Peter