List:       mysql-plusplus
Subject:    Re: Sample MakeFile
From:       "Andrius Armonas" <baubas () andrius ! org>
Date:       2001-07-29 17:19:37

> can some body help me out by pointing some sample code & Makefile.

you can find very simple examples in mysql++ package.
A very simple makefile (it's _not_ the right way to do a makefile, anyway
for the very first try it will be ok):

mysql_incl=/usr/include/mysql/

all:
<tab>g++ mysqlprog.cpp -o mysqlprog -I$(mysql_incl) -lsqlplus

You can also download and read a very nice book (Gary V. Vaughan, Ben
Elliston, Tom Tromey, Ian Lance Taylor "GNU Autoconf, Automake and Libtool"
(New Riders, 2000)) from:
http://sources.redhat.com/autobook/

> I tried the examples and Makefile given in the examples directory, they do
> some sort of
> "re-linking" using the scripts generated. and use the script to run the
> programs. i do not want that.
> At the same time when i try to run the compiled & Linked program i am
> getting an error "Cannot load libsqlplus.so file : No such file or
> directory". Actually i have a file named libsqlplus.la in the
> ..../examples/sqlplusint/libsqlplus.la.

add a line /usr/local/lib to your /etc/ld.so.conf and do `ldconfig'

> Also how do i call the mysql (stored procedures) from the Mysql++ api's

Read the mysql++ documentation!

Bye,
.:: Andrius Armonas ::.
.:: baubas@andrius.org ::.