List:       mysql-plusplus
Subject:    FOR ALL PEOPLE WHO ARE TRYING TO USE MYSQL++ WITH VC++ AND MFC
From:       The Lazy Fox <lazyfox () foxden ! dhs ! org>
Date:       2001-06-22 14:27:49

all the link errors people are getting when they're trying to do this
(multiply defined symbols of ostream and strtoll, etc etc) are caused
because the mysql++.lib and your MFC project are using different
run-time libraries.

i appeared to have accidentally linked mysql++.lib with the
single-threaded run-time library, while MFC projects always need the
multithreading DLL version.

so this is what you should do: first, rebuild mysql++.lib with a
different run-time library (project settings, C/C++ tab, Code
Generation), for example the Debug Multithreaded DLL run-time library.

now you can use that versio of mysql++.lib in your MFC project without
problems.

c ya,

lazyfox