List:       mysql-plusplus
Subject:    Compilation error
From:       root <bmongeau () eevolved ! com>
Date:       2000-08-18 3:26:59

I recently encountered some difficulties when attempting to compile a program
including the MySql++ API's.  It seems that the preprocessor cannot locate
certain header files, although these files appear in /usr/local/include/.
It doesn't seem to have any problems locating sqlplus.hh but spits out these
errors :

g++ -Wall -o sdal.o sdal.cc

In file included from /usr/local/include/sqlplus.hh:9,
                 from sdal.hh:51,
                 from sdal.cc:2:
/usr/local/include/defs:5: mysql.h: No such file or directory
In file included from /usr/local/include/coldata1.hh:7,
                 from /usr/local/include/sqlplus.hh:12,
                 from sdal.hh:51,
                 from sdal.cc:2:
/usr/local/include/type_info1.hh:10: mysql.h: No such file or directory
In file included from /usr/local/include/vallist1.hh:6,
                 from /usr/local/include/row1.hh:11,
                 from /usr/local/include/compare1.hh:5,
                 from /usr/local/include/sqlplus.hh:13,
                 from sdal.hh:51,
                 from sdal.cc:2:
/usr/local/include/manip1.hh:10: mysql.h: No such file or directory
In file included from /usr/local/include/sqlplus.hh:14,
                 from sdal.hh:51,
                 from sdal.cc:2:
/usr/local/include/connection1.hh:10: mysql.h: No such file or directory
In file included from /usr/local/include/connection1.hh:20,
                 from /usr/local/include/sqlplus.hh:14,
                 from sdal.hh:51,
                 from sdal.cc:2:
/usr/local/include/query1.hh:10: mysql.h: No such file or directory
In file included from /usr/local/include/query1.hh:13,
                 from /usr/local/include/connection1.hh:20,
                 from /usr/local/include/sqlplus.hh:14,
                 from sdal.hh:51,
                 from sdal.cc:2:
/usr/local/include/result1.hh:12: mysql.h: No such file or directory
In file included from /usr/local/include/sqlplus.hh:57,
                 from sdal.hh:51,
                 from sdal.cc:2:
/usr/local/include/coldata3.hh:10: mysql.h: No such file or directory

I tried moving the header files around and compiling with a -I switch but it
only resulted in the following errors:

sdal.cc: In method `SDAL::~SDAL()':
sdal.cc:55: no matching function for call to `MysqlRes::free_result ()'

free_result() is defined in result1.hh, which is should be included through
sqlplus.hh.

Has anyone encountered this type of error before? Is it due to the mysql++
installation (include flags or something) ?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  I just started using the
mySql API's and this is my first post on this list.

--
Bryan Mongeau