List:       mysql-plusplus
Subject:    Re: 2.3.2-modern branch compile help
From:       Warren Young <wyoung () tangentsoft ! com>
Date:       2017-10-11 20:40:07

On Oct 11, 2017, at 10:02 AM, Arthur H <arthurh@eography.com> wrote:

> does porting to a different toolchain make sense, or are we married to Bakefile?

I did exactly that for the [libtabula project][1], which you can think of as "MySQL++ \
4.0", but if you're not willing to port to MySQL++ 3.x, I don't see why you'd be \
interested in libtabula.

I suppose you could go and grab its build system (CMake based) and graft it onto \
MySQL++.  It shouldn't be too difficult.  The two libraries aren't wildly different.  \
Mainly it would amount to renaming "libtabula" stuff back to "libmysqlpp" and such.

I haven't talked about libtabula often here because its purpose was to make MySQL++ \
into a DBMS independent data access library for C++, which I got well into before \
getting mired in the details of divorcing Row and Field from the MySQL type system, \
at which point I stopped work on the library.

I suppose I should drop the DBMS independence idea and move forward on the rest of \
the ideas, since it is at least useful as a follow-on to MySQL++ 3.x.

[1]: https://libtabula.org/