List:       mysql-plusplus
Subject:    Re: A copy constructor for ssqls?
From:       Warren Young <mysqlpp () etr-usa ! com>
Date:       2010-01-03 9:15:11

On Jan 2, 2010, at 6:22 AM, Matthieu Garrigues wrote:

> Do you have any idea of when 3.1 will be released?

Would you be stunned to receive the answer, "when it's ready"?  :)

This is very much a personal side project for me, fitting in wherever I have time and \
motivation.  I did the last big chunk of work on this back in June or so.  It might \
take me until next summer to start work on it again.

> Generating these methods could be cool:

SSQLS v2.0 won't be greatly more featureful than SSQLS v1.  The goal is to replicate \
all of the original functionality in such a way that gives us a clean path forward.  \
We can talk about things like this in 2.x.

One of the nice things about SSQLS is that most of it is outside the library proper, \
so changing it doesn't affect MySQL++'s API or ABI.  That greater part becomes part \
of *your* program's API, so we have a lot more freedom to extend it after the initial \
release than with MySQL++ proper.  We haven't been able to take advantage of a lot of \
                that freedom in v1 due to the mess that is ssqls.pl.