List:       mysql-plusplus
Subject:    =?WINDOWS-1252?Q?Re:_Need_help_for_compiling_:_=91Transaction=92?=
From:       Warren Young <mysqlpp () etr-usa ! com>
Date:       2008-07-10 13:51:16

On Jul 10, 2008, at 2:26 AM, Christophe-Marie Duquesne wrote:

> I think my version is too old.

Yes.  The Transaction class was added in the version right after the
one you're trying to use, and that version is over two years old now.
I would recommend upgrading to MySQL++ v3 for much more than just
Transaction.

If you can't talk yourself into building from source, the same people
who built the DEB you're trying to use now have ported MySQL++ v2.3.2
to Ubuntu.  You can probably rebuild that one to work on your system.
It's a far sight better than 2.0.7.

> For later, I'll remember to always look at the documentation in
> /usr/share/doc and not the one on the web

Yes, though the ChangeLog on the web site would have clued you into
this as well:

	http://tangentsoft.net/mysql++/ChangeLog

As you can see from looking through that, 2.3.2 and 3.0.4 are each
significant jumps in functionality from 2.0.7.