List:       mysql-plusplus
Subject:    Re: query.str() not returning anything
From:       Warren Young <mysqlpp () etr-usa ! com>
Date:       2008-01-12 1:01:03

Kemin Zhou wrote:
> Actually I am using the version 2.0.7

Oh, in that case, then this is expected, though undesired.  In older
versions of MySQL++, str() has a mode where it will auto-reset Query's
string buffer after returning the string, and execute() uses this in
versions prior to v2.2.0 unless it's a template query.  So, when you
come along and call str() a second time, the buffer's already been emptied.

Since you're going to have to upgrade to fix this, I recommend waiting
for v3, which may come out as early as next week sometime.

If upgrading isn't an option, then you'll just have to call str() ahead
of execute() to save the buffer in a temporary location that your
exception handler can find.

But I highly recommend upgrading.  MySQL++ has come a long, long way in
the past two years.