List:       mysql-plusplus
Subject:    Re: Release works, Debug (still) crashes on OS X Leopard, Xcode 3.0
From:       Warren Young <mysqlpp () etr-usa ! com>
Date:       2008-01-10 4:08:33

Graham Reitz wrote:
> Ok cool.  Thanks guys.   I will get that done Warren.
>
> It will be good experience for me.  I start vacation on the 14th and
> will get that rolling at that point.

Lacking a patch from you, I've gone ahead and done as much of this as I
know how to do.  It now needs testing and correction from someone who
actually uses Xcode regularly.

Areas of concern:

- Does it, in fact, work?

- Is there a way to get Xcode to build ssqls.h and querydef.h, or is it
going to be like with all the other non-autoconf platforms, where the
library user either takes what they're given, or has to run the Perl
scripts by hand?

- I'm guessing that since the point of an Xcode build option is that you
don't have to visit the command line, that the MySQL distro of choice
will be the official mysql.com binaries, as opposed to source installs
or the Fink package I'm familiar with.  I've pulled a directory name out
of my fuzzy memory which is probably wrong.

- I couldn't get the -D_GLIBCXX_DEBUG=1 -D_GLIBCXX_DEBUG_PEDANTIC=1
stuff to appear in the generated project, but maybe it's automatic in
debug mode targets?