List:       mysql-plusplus
Subject:    Re: Mingw link errors, v3.0.0 beta 2
From:       Warren Young <mysqlpp () etr-usa ! com>
Date:       2008-01-08 19:23:52

Joel Fielder wrote:
> if sh.exe is found on your PATH, mingw32-make will use that to handle
> shell, and this causes breakages like this:

Okay, I'm looking into ways to do that with Bakefile.  It's a bit more
difficult than it should be because Bakefile optimizes out variables
that it doesn't see being used.  Most of the time, this is what you
want, but in the case of SHELL, the variable's being used by make
itself; Bakefile never sees it being used, so it never appears in
Makefile.mingw.