List:       mysql-plusplus
Subject:    test the state of a connection
From:       Jonas Schrieb <jschrieb () game-sites ! de>
Date:       2001-11-23 12:56:57

hi list.

i've got a problem with getting the state of a connection:

there is a pointer (Connection *con) to my connection. i'm connected to
my mysql-server with con->connect("", "host", "user", "pw").
after that i disconnect my pc from the network. so there is no
physically connection to the mysql-server.
con->connected() returns true. so i think i'm still connected while
there actually is no connection. is there a way to find out if i'm
_really_ connected?

thx ... Jonas Schrieb