List:       mysql-plusplus
Subject:    RE: Install problems with MySQL++ 1.7.9
From:       Justin Bartee <barteej () sprl ! db ! erau ! edu>
Date:       2001-11-01 17:46:23

I am using gcc 2.95.2 on a Solaris 7 (SunOS 5.7) and attempting to install
the MySQL++ API referenced in the subject of this e-mail.

I have installed MySQL 3.23 successfully (and used it).

However, when I attempt to configure the MySQL++ for installation, the
configure script always bails at the attempt to find the MySQL libraries.

The error returned is, presented exactly:

checking for MySQL library directory... configure: error: Didn't find the
mysql library dir in ''

Now, I have attempted to force location of said directories with the
appropriate configure options (e.g. --with-mysql).  I even added the MySQL
installation into the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable.

Nothing seems to work. And I'm stumped.  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

HELO.  My name is sendmail.cf.  You "kill -9" my parent process.  Prepare
to vi.

Justin A. Bartee
-Research Engineer
-Space Physics Research Laboratory