List:       mysql-odbc
Subject:    Slow connection on Win2000
From:       "Lesley Dean" <gibson () capesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-07-26 12:45:47

Hi all,

I am doing some tests with MySQL. I have MySql running on a Win2000 =
machine. If I run the client app on a remote machine (Win98), it =
connects to the database through ODBC pretty quickly, and runs the tests =
fairly quickly. But, if I run the client on the local machine (i.e. the =
Mysql server), it takes a while to even connect. I try inserting some =
records on the remote  machine and it takes seconds, but on the local =
machine, it takes more than a few minutes. Can anyone tell me where I am =
going wrong, or what the problem is. I couldn't get named pipes to work, =
so we are using tcp\ip.

Any help, much appreciated.