List:       mysql-odbc
Subject:    Re: Problems with Memo Field Using Remote View in FoxPro connecting to MySQL
From:       "Carl Karsten" <carl () personnelware ! com>
Date:       2001-02-28 13:30:03

in MySQL, the TEXT datatype is the same as VFP's MEMO.  so there are 2
things you can do:

You can either create the table with char datatypes:

> CREATE TABLE kd (
>    ckunde char(10) NOT NULL,
>    cstrasse char(30) NOT NULL,
>    cplz varchar(50) NOT NULL,

or

adjust the way VFP sees the field:
? DBSETPROP( "v_kd.ckunde", "FIELD", "DataType", "c(10)" )
? DBSETPROP( "v_kd.cstrasse", "FIELD", "DataType", "c(30) ")
? DBSETPROP( "v_kd.cplz", "FIELD", "DataType", "c(50)" )

HTH - be sure to ask more questions if it dosn't.

Carl