List:       mysql-odbc
Subject:    Re: MyODBC in VB6 Data Environment
From:       "Guillermo P. Marotte" <g-marotte () usa ! net>
Date:       2001-02-27 3:08:27

Hello!

Wayne Pedersen escribió:

> Have a question here - I'm new to MySQL so bear with me, and forgive me if
> this has already been addressed.
>
> I am using MyODBC in VB6's ActiveX Data Environment.  I have never had a
> problem using it with any other DB before until now.  I can read, delete and
> write records, but not update or change info in them.
>
> Sample code:
>
> Data.rsTech!Name = txtName.Text
> Data.rsTech!username = txtLogin.Text
> Data.rsTech!password = txtPassword.Text
>
> If anyone of the text values have changed, i get an error when trying to
> assign it to the table.
>
> Error:
> Run Time Error -2147217887 (80040e21)
> Multi-Step Operation Generated Errors.  Check Each Status Value.
>
> Suggestions?  Work arounds?  Help?

The problem seems to be that MyODBC reports a wrong field size to ADO
(it will always report is as the size of your first record). Try
activating the "safety" option in the ODBC manager, it worked for me and
now myodbc reports the right size.

Cya!
Guillermo.

Llamar a una persona querida que está lejos, es tenerla cerca.
Agarrar el alambrado del campo es tener la cerca. Hay que saber
diferenciar.
         La llama que llama.
Guillermo P. Marotte
g-marotte@usa.net