List:       mysql-odbc
Subject:    Sovle the SQL Connect() problem.
From:       "JungAh Lee" <jalee () dreamid ! co ! kr>
Date:       2000-09-29 6:49:52

[Attachment #2 (text/plain)]

I need your help!!
I want to make a windows application connecting remote DB using ODBC.
So I installed the MySQL ODBC Driver 2.50.33 and a sample program from the MSDN.
But I met the following error when I executed the sample program.

SQL Error State:01000, Native Error Code: 0, ODBC Error:[Microsfot][ODBC Driver \
Manager] The driver doesn't support the version of ODBC behavior that the application \
requested (see SQLSetEnvAttr).

SQLConnect() function call returns -1 and this error message shows.

I read the document of \
http://www.mysql.com/documentation/mysql/bychapter/manual_ODBC.html I tried to trace \
the log. But failed.. You say that mysql.dll should be used as Custom Trace DLL in \
the ODBC data sources of control panel . I can't find the file of the name. Though I \
used the libMySQL.dll alternately. the following error occurred.

General error: either C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\libmySQL.dll is not an ODBC tracing dll or it \
is obsolte.

Now, there is nothing that I can do for this probelm. Pls give me answer ASAP.

Thanks,
JungAh Lee