List:       mysql-odbc
Subject:    Access Events not firing with MyODBC
From:       Manuel Mall <MM () arcus ! com ! au>
Date:       2000-09-26 10:12:33

I am porting an Access97 application to MyODBC, ie. just replacing the
original Access tables with linked MySQL tables through MyODBC. This is
fine.

However, the Access forms make use of events like BeforeInsert and
BeforeUpdate to do data validation. These events don't seem to be firing
when using the MySQL linked tables. They work fine with native Access
tables.

Has anyone come across the same problem and is there a solution? I assume
the problem is caused because MyODBC reports that it does not support
transactions.

Thanks

Manuel