List:       mysql-odbc
Subject:    =?iso-8859-1?q?R=E9f=2E_=3A_R=E9f=2E_=3A_Re=3A_Blob_problem?=
From:       "Sebastien HUBER" <shuber () fmlogistic ! fr>
Date:       2000-09-25 15:08:19

All right, my problem has been solved by set the column as 'TEXT'
thanks for your help !

Sebastien

"Sebastien HUBER" <shuber@fmlogistic.fr> le 25/09/2000 17:00:34

Pour :    Andy Ingham <andy_ingham@unc.edu>
cc :  myodbc@lists.mysql.com

Objet :   R=E9f. : Re: Blob problem

In my case, the data were not truncated but altered ! ??
Any idea ?

Sebastien

Andy Ingham <andy_ingham@unc.edu> le 25/09/2000 16:56:58

Pour :    Sebastien HUBER <shuber@fmlogistic.fr>
cc :  myodbc@lists.mysql.com

Objet :   Re: Blob problem

Sebastien --

I encountered a similar problem back in April.  The data in fields that=

were
defined as BLOB would get truncated after I think it was about 35
characters
when retrieved via a Cold Fusion template.  That is, when passed throug=
the
ODBC connection (using MyODBC) the data was truncated.  When retrieved =
at
the
commandline, doing SELECTs directly against MySQL, the data was correct=
.

The resolution was to change the data type in MySQL from BLOB to TEXT.
According to the MySQL manual:

"The only difference between BLOB and TEXT types is that sorting and
comparison is performed in case-sensitive fashion for BLOB values and
case-insensitive fashion for TEXT values. In other words, a TEXT is a
case-insensitive BLOB."

So, if case-insensitivity isn't a problem in your applications, give th=
is a
try.  BTW, we're running myodbc-2.50.26 on solaris 7.

Andy

Andy Ingham
Systems Librarian
UNC-Chapel Hill
919-962-1288
andy_ingham@unc.edu

Sebastien HUBER wrote:

> Hello, i'm trying to retrieve information stored in a BLOB column, bu=
the

=