List:       mysql-odbc
Subject:    MyODBC Installation Error
From:       "Steve Traver" <straver () sfwmd ! gov>
Date:       2000-04-26 20:27:46

(Sun Ultra/Solaris 2.6/MySQL3.22)

Hi,

I'm trying to install MyODBC (I've successfully installed iODBC2.50.31)
but keep getting an error.  Given the error is seems as though it's not
finding the "libmysqlclient.so" file, even though I'm explicitly
defining the lib path on the command line.  I do have the
"libmysqlclient.a" file (I'm not sure what the difference is between the

.a and the .so), but it's not working.  Here is how I'm running the
configure script and where the problem is.  Thanks for you help in
advance!

RUNNING CONFIGURE:
./configure --prefix=/usr/local --with-mysql-libs=/usr/local/mysql/lib
--with-mysql-includes=/usr/local/mysql/include
--with-iodbc=/usr/local/libiodbc-2.50.3
--with-iodbc-includes=/usr/local/libiodbc-2.50.3
--with-iodbc-libs=/usr/local/lib

WHERE IT'S BOMBING OUT:
checking for the mysql client libraries... /usr/local/mysql/lib
checking for mysql_real_query in -lmysqlclient... (cached) no
checking for mysql_real_connect in -lmysqlclient... (cached) no
checking for mysql_reconnect in -lmysqlclient... (cached) no
configure: error: Could not find libmysqlclient in '/usr/local/mysql' or

'/usr/local/mysql/lib'. Try another location.