List:       mysql-odbc
Subject:    Re: Problem vb6-MySQL-MyODBC
From:       Dave Millen <dave () largesalad ! co ! uk>
Date:       2000-01-28 13:35:49

Guy Schellens wrote:

> -->> Dave: Are you using access + myodbc + mySQL with success?  If so, which
> version of mySQL are you using ???

Yes, I don't get any ##deleted## entries, necessitating a refresh,
auto_increment seems to work as expected  and forms with subforms work exactly
as they should.

This is with Access 2000, mysql-3.22.29, myODBC-2.50.28. I had things working
equally well with mysql-3.22.26 previously, but could not get unixODBC to work
with this combination, as myODBC-2.50.28/unixODBC requires the later
mysqlclient libraries, and I needed to get a Star Office interface running on
the mysql linux host. This also now works well with my current setup.

> -->> Is this worth all the fuss?   Or should I make my data-entry screens
> web based too, and work around myODBC? :-/

Well, that's a personal choice I suppose. I _have_ to do both and have to admit
that, in some cases, the gui form and report design features of Access save
time relative to php3 programming. But then again, perhaps php3 is more
flexible.

regards,
Dave
--
He was part of my dream, of course -- but then I was part of his dream too.
                -- Lewis Carroll

email: dave@largesalad.co.uk
web: www.largesalad.co.uk/DJMsoft