List:       mysql-odbc
Subject:    myODBC failure, continued
From:       Michael Widenius <monty () kaskela ! pp ! sci ! fi>
Date:       2000-01-26 8:11:13

Hi!

I don't know of any reason why mysqld couldn't find the hostname of
your computer.  Any change you can debug this on the mysqld server
side?

One way to fix this is to just use IP numbers in the mysql.user table.

Regards,
Monty

Brett> Hi again list,
Brett> Just been trying to get myODBC working again, and I've come across the log
Brett> file which has some interesting, and probably useful data.

Brett> It looks like it's a problem defining the client machine?? I don't know.
Brett> The password and user I have used are correct. It seems that the ODBC
Brett> driver IS finding the mySQL database, but authentication is failing.  Since
Brett> I am on a local network with the Linux RedHat server, you would think that
Brett> if I used a wrong password, the error message would have my domain as
Brett> localhost, or atleast something, in the following part of the error:
Brett> =>   'odbcadmin@' (Using password: YES)

Brett> =======snip from myodbc.log=======
Brett> | <mysql_real_connect
Brett> | >set_dbc_error