List:       mysql-odbc
Subject:    Re: Stable combination
From:       Hood Gardner <hoodg () laurie ! net>
Date:       2000-01-20 14:53:21

Ahh, I should have been clearer.  I'm specifically looking for the best
combination running on NT (Win32).  However, my server at home dual-boots
into RH6.1, so I may give you RPMs a try!  Thanks for the info :)

BTW: Are you going to be posting a new link when the you have moved on to
your new server?

Thanks again.

At 01:22 AM 1/20/00 +0000, Murray Todd Williams wrote:
>I've built some RPM packages that work with the MySQL-3.23.8 RPMs.  If you
install
>the MySQL RPMs first, you can then install unixODBC, MyODBC-2.50.28 (with a
>fix-patch) and optionally libodbc++.  I went through the effort of putting
>together these RPMs because I was flailing around with all the different
versions
>of MySQL, MyODBC plus combinations of either unixODBC or iODBC and needed
some
>stability.  I have been able to get things working smoothly now.
>
>The following link is temporary, so don't link any web pages to it.  In a
couple
>weeks I'll have my own server and then I'll post material with inpunity.
>
>http://bamboo.verinet.com/~murray
>
>I'd appreciate any feedback if things don't work.  I built this on a
RedHat 6.1
>system, and I don't know what the backward compatibity is.  Of course, you
should
>be able to build things from the source-RPMs if you have troubles.
Anyway, these
>are the first RPM packages I've ever built and I'd like to polish them.
>
>Also, I don't know who the maintainer(s) are for MyODBC but I hope they
don't take
>offense at my taking the liberty of packaging their work and reposting it.
 Let me
>know if there's a problem.
>
>Murray Todd Williams
>

>rjb@typeline.com wrote:
>
>> Yes, this would ease some of the confusion. The web site really doesn't
mention

>> or have a link to a MyODBC realease that's available for MySQL-stable. I'd
>> prefer
>> to run the stable release anyway for safety.
>>
>> Hood Gardner wrote:
>>
>> > I have seen several messages over the last couple of weeks indicating
there
>> > is a problem with either a particular version of myODBC or myODBC/mySQL
>> > combination.  Could someone (Monty? Sinisa?) please comment as too which
>> > versions of myODBC and mySQL operate best together and are the most
stable?

>> > TIA.

	Hood Gardner - Webmaster/Network Admin for Osment Models, Inc.
	webmaster@woodlandscenics.com
	 http://www.woodlandscenics.com/
	 http://www.dpmkits.com
	 http://www.pinecar.com/